6 Thomas Street, Birchgrove NSW 2041
Enchanting Character Home With North Garden In Tranquil Setting
House Sold - Birchgrove NSW
Classic Victorian charm meets modern style in this 2-level attached c 1884 residence with light and airy interiors flowing to a sunny deck and tranquil north-facing courtyard garden. Capturing water views from its upper level, the house is quietly tucked away in a leafy avenue footsteps to Birchgrove Public School, 200 metres to city buses, 2 minutes stroll to Balmain village and pleasant walk to harbour ferry services at Birchgrove Wharf.
Wonderfully private and peaceful, the home has character-filled interiors with smart contemporary updates creating a welcoming vibe from the moment you step inside. Freestanding on one side, it has an easy flowing layout with large living and dining rooms, modern eat-in gas kitchen, light-filled white bathroom (w bath/shower), concealed laundry, main king-size bedroom (w iron lace balcony) and 2nd double bedroom.
High ceilings, wide Kauri floorboards, plantation shutters and open fireplace compliment the relaxed elegance of this home to fall in love with due to its warm ambience and serene leafy setting in a quintessential Birchgrove enclave with a short walk to harbourside Birchgrove Park, Elkington Park and Ballast Point.
– Renovated interiors; north rear aspect
– Sundrenched deck & courtyard garden
– Spacious living area w open fireplace
– Large dining area adjacent to the kitchen
– Modern eat-in kitchen opening to deck
– Gas cooktop, s/steel oven, dishwasher
– Main bedroom w b/ins, air-con, balcony
– 2nd bedroom w b/ins and Murphy bed
– Renovated bathroom w bath/shower
– Concealed laundry; plantation shutters
– High ceilings; wide Kauri floorboards
– Under house storage (via courtyard)
– Quiet leafy street w plenty of parking
– Footsteps to Birchgrove Public School
– 200 metres to city buses, close to ferry
– 2 minutes walk to village shops & cafes
– Walk to beautiful harbourfront parks