Buying property is generally the most expensive shopping experience you will have, which is why you can’t afford to take the decision lightly. With some expert buying tips on your side, you can be more confident that when you buy property it’s the right one to suit your needs.
Purchasing the right property at the right price is the ultimate goal, but this won’t happen by chance. The only way you’ll achieve this is by doing your homework and getting the best home for your budget.
What are the key areas to consider?
Before you take the plunge and buy a house, there are a number of key areas you will need to think about. Among the most important are:
- Your budget
- The area you want to live in
- What facilities and services are available in the local area
- Transport links
- Commuting distance to your place of work
- Whether there’s sufficient space to meet your needs
You also might want to take a longer term approach to your investment. You can do this by thinking about whether there’s much demand for property in the local area, as this will be important for when you eventually decide to sell your property on.
Another aspect to think about is if a property is likely to increase in value. Looking at house price data in the local area will help with this, but a real estate agent in Sydney will also be able to offer you some guidance.
Be prepared to make compromises
Although people like to imagine themselves moving into their dream home, you have to be realistic. A real estate agent in Sydney will work tirelessly on your behalf to find somewhere that meets all your criteria, but you may have to prepare yourself to make some compromises.
Some areas you might need to rethink are:
- The specific area you want to live in – is there somewhere close by with more affordable properties?
- Outside space – the size of the garden might not be quite what you want, but can you still make it work?
- The size of certain rooms – if you’ve been dreaming of a spacious living/dining area or kitchen, then you might have to be prepared to compromise or consider potential renovations
- Schools in the local area – you may have had your heart set on a specific school, but it’s possible there might not be a property available in the catchment area.
It could be worthwhile to draw up a list of ‘desirables’ and ‘must haves’ when buying a home. This way, you can focus your attention on what you really need in your property and what would make it just that little bit better.
How a real estate agent in Sydney can help you
Enlisting the help of a real estate agent in Sydney is a great place to start when you’re ready to buy a house. Agents will have an expert knowledge of the market that you won’t find elsewhere, as well as various insights that should help you come to the best decision for your needs.
Whether you’re buying a home for investment purposes or to live in, it can only be an advantage to have an expert on your side. Hopefully you won’t have to make any compromises on your dream home, but if you do, your agent will be able to point you in the right direction.
To find out more about the services we can offer when buying a home, get in touch with the experts at Krulis Residential.